Water conservation and green technologies for your home plumbing and water filtration.
4 Star Plumbing Services is not only your Fort Lauderdale plumbers, but also assisting in the Green movement. With high efficiency fixtures, water conserving faucets, and water saving shower heads, being eco-friendly has been made much easier. Review the water saving suggestions and when you are ready to “Go Green” call us and we will be happy to assist you!
Saving water is as easy as 1, 2, 3
1. Install High-Efficiency Toilets
Toilets that flush 1.28 gallons or less, when compared to a 3.5-gallon toilet, can save homeowners up to 16,500 gallons of water per fixture per year.*
* Based on average usage of a household of four.
2. Use Water-Conserving Showerheads or Handshowers
1.75 gpm water-conserving showerheads and handshowers deliver an impressive 35% water savings over traditional 2.75 gpm showerheads and handshowers.
3. Choose Faucets with Water-Saving Aerators
Small in size, big on impact, Faucets with low-flow aerators deliver up to 45% water savings over traditional 2.75 gpm faucets.
When it comes to saving water in the bathroom, a few small steps can make a big difference. Consider these tips for reducing your water consumption every day.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth, and rinse out the sink when you’re finished.
- Don’t wait for the water to get hot before filling the tub for a bath. Put in the plug and adjust the water temperature as the tub fills.
- Do not use the toilet as a garbage can: Only flush the toilet when disposing of sanitary waste.
- Turn off the water while shaving: Fill the bottom of the sink with a few inches of water to rinse your razor.
Using a point of use Fort Lauderdale water filtration system like the ones we sell from Everpure Water Filters are not only a great way to have clean bottled quality water at your fingertips, but another environmentally friendly way to save the earth. Most bottled waters are of high quality and great when you’re traveling, at work or simply on the go.
But it’s not a permanent solution, it costs more than home water filtration and leaves a negative footprint on planet earth.
Plastic Water Bottle Recycling Facts
- In 2006, Americans drank about 167 bottles of water each, but only recycled an average of 23 percent. That leaves 38 billion water bottles in landfills.
- Bottled water costs between $1 and $4 per gallon and 90 percent of the cost are in the bottle, lid and label.
- According to the Beverage Marketing Corp, the average American consumed 1.6 gallons of bottled water in 1976. In 2006 that number jumped to 28.3 gallons per person.
- It takes over 1.5 million barrels of oil to manufacture a year’s supply of bottled water. That’s enough oil to fuel 100,000 cars.
- Eight out of 10 plastic water bottles become landfill waste.
- In 2007 we spent $16 billion on bottled water. That’s more than we spent on iPods or movie tickets.
- Plastic bottles take 700 years before they begin to decompose in a landfill.
- If everyone in NYC gave up water bottles for one week they would save 24 million bottles from being land filled; one month would save 112 million bottles and one year would save 1.328 billion bottles from going into the landfill.
The Right Solution, Right Now.
Whatever the need, 4 Star Plumbing Services has the answer for the cleanest and healthiest water you could want. And we’ll help keep it that way.
Call today for a no-obligation assessment of your water filtration or water purification needs, and start living a healthier lifestyle!