Purchasing a water heater is not something people are usually excited about, it requires valuable time and money to pick out the best water heater for your home or place of business. However, when the time comes, there is nothing else you can do. Here are some signs that your water heater might need an upgrade:
- Noise- If you hear something worth questioning, then it is not a good sign. A rumbling noise means that the water heater is struggling to heat the water because of hardened sediment in the machine. The water heater is working hard to produce through this sediment, and as it’s chugging along it produces these noises.
- Moisture- Finding a puddle around your water heater may be a signal to panic. The tank may have developed cracks where the water leaks through. If you are unable to locate the cracks to seal them in, it might be time for a new heater.
- Rust- You may have rusty pipes if you notice that the water you produce when turning on the hot water handle is rusted. Rusty pipes are an easy fix, however if you already cleaned out the pipes, then there is a bigger issue. This will call for a water heater replacement.
- Temperature Problems- If your heater is not producing hot water in the intensity you prefer, or at all, then the product may need to be replaced.
- Time- Lastly, if your water heater is more than 10 years old, it may be time to replace the product. You can tell when the heater was first manufactured by checking the serial number. It is important to change out the water heater before a leak occurs, this will keep everything and everyone safe.
Don’t wait until your water heater is leaking to the point it is flooding your house, if you see any signs of these, contact the plumbing specialists at 4Star Plumbing and we will take appropriate action. We will consult with you on whether you need a new water heater, or if there is a quick fix we can resort to. Do not hesitate to call us at 954-776-9888 today.